Welcome to Gable Cottage, your perfect Cotswold hideaway. Built in 1860, this beautifully renovated cottage sits tucked away in the Oxfordshire village of Ramsden; a designated conservation area. Gable Cottage offers you the charm of a period property with all the modern conveniences you will need to help make your well-earned holiday as relaxing and stress-free as possible.
You can read more about us, Paul and Allison (the owners of Gable Cottage), the local area and how to book further on. Firstly, let us take you through some of the features of Gable Cottage which we hope will set the scene for your stay with us.
What you need to know about Gable Cottage in a nutshell ……
- Sleeps 4 in a double room with a standard double bed and two single rooms
- Family bathroom with a bath and separate walk-in shower
- Downstairs cloakroom
- Large, modern kitchen with separate dining room and sitting room
- Dining room table that sits four but can be extended for playing games or doing jigsaws
- Microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/tumble dryer and dishwasher
- Gravelled enclosed courtyard garden to the front and side of the cottage with seating area
- Off road parking for up to two cars
- Free Wi-Fi
- Smart TV
- DVD Player
- Books and family games
- Travel Cot (please provide your own bedding)
- Stair Gates
- Iron and ironing board
- Bed linen and towels included
- Pets welcome with a maximum of two dogs (fee per dog). Registered Assistance dogs are free
- Accessed by steps (please see our Accessibility Guide for more information)
- No smoking
- Community village shop and Post Office nearby
- Soft play centre nearby
- 100 yards to the nearest pub!
Room to relax
The spacious living room offers you the perfect opportunity to curl up with a comforting hot drink or refreshing glass of something stronger after a busy day exploring the Cotswolds. Here, you can relax with a book, catch up on your favourite television programme or settle down to watch a DVD of your choice. There is plenty of room for everyone to spread out with sofas, armchairs and handy footstools. There are also some throws for wrapping up in to help make your evenings even cosier.
Dining at home
Ideally placed between the kitchen and the sitting room, the dining room is at the heart of the cottage where you can share meals around the lovely wooden table that also extends if you want to play board games or try your hand at one of our more challenging jigsaws! Here you can also spread out maps or pour over travel guides to help plan your holiday activities. There is even free wi-fi for those all-important internet searches.
The spacious kitchen is very well-equipped for all your self-catering needs, from a quick cuppa to a three course meal. But if you don’t feel like putting your pinny on then pop in to the delightful 17th Century former coaching inn that’s just around the corner from the cottage for some traditional pub fayre. When you arrive you’ll find fresh milk in the fridge and a welcome tray with coffee, tea, sugar and biscuits to help settle you in to your new ‘home from home’.
All three bedrooms are on the first floor. The comfortable beds are made up with 100% cotton bed linen to ensure you get that perfect night’s sleep. You should awake with fully re-charged batteries, ready for your next ‘grand day out’.
The bathroom is on the first floor. After a full day exploring the beautiful Cotswolds you can take a well- earned and relaxing hot soak in the bath or freshen up under the walk-in shower. There is also a handy downstairs cloakroom.
Outside space and parking
Gable Cottage is an end-terrace Victorian cottage on a quiet no-through road. There is a private driveway with room for up to two cars. To the side of the cottage the stable doors open out from the kitchen onto a pretty courtyard garden where you can relax with a cup of tea in the morning or a glass of bubbly in the evening.