Preparing for our Guests
The health and safety of all our guests, our neighbours and those in our wider community is of paramount importance to us, especially during the current Covid-19 situation.
We are committed to adhering to Government cleaning guidelines for the re-opening of holiday accommodation and are following Government approved Cleaning Protocols published by the Professional Association of Self-Caterers.
We also take the well-being of our cleaning contractors very seriously and work with them to ensure all cleaning is undertaken safely and efficiently.
VisitEngland has awarded us the Industry Standard mark ‘We’re Good To Go’ which recognizes that we are following Government and industry Covid-19 guidelines which includes having a Risk Assessment in place and a process for maintaining cleanliness and aiding social distancing.
The following is a brief overview of the additional cleaning and disinfecting measures now in place to enhance our already robust cleaning regime:
- All hard surfaces cleaned and disinfected with virucidal sanitizer / 70% alcohol wipes, incl. high touch areas such as light switches, door handles and bannisters
- Crockery, glassware and cutlery cleaned between bookings
- Pillows and duvets rotated between bookings
- Bedding laundered at 60 degrees wherever possible
- Soft furnishings (e.g. cushions and throws) rotated between bookings
- Guest Information Handbook rotated between bookings
- Books and games remain with a note to sanitise by guests as required
- Remote controls kept in hygiene bags for ease of disinfection
- Anti-bacterial handwash, hand sanitizer, household surface sanitiser and handwipes available for guest use
We have taken a balanced approach in reducing risk so that guest enjoyment of the cottage is not unduly affected. Where it is not practical to disinfect, remove or rotate items we ask for your understanding and that you use the sanitising products provided if you wish. As this deeper clean requires more time to complete, we also ask for your co-operation with our later check-in and earlier check-out times.
Prepare for your stay
While we have taken extra measures to reassure guests about their stay at Gable Cottage, we also need their help to maintain this level of confidence for all future holidaymakers and to continue to protect ourselves, our cleaners and our neighbours.
Your co-operation with following points would be very much appreciated:
- Before their stay we ask guests:
- not to visit if they are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19 or have been in contact with anyone else experiencing symptoms within 14 days of their arrival date. We strongly recommend they take our holiday insurance
- During their stay we ask guests to:
- ensure they practice regular hand washing and observe social distancing as per Government guidelines
- use the anti-bacterial handwash and 70% alcohol hand sanitizer provided regularly
- let us know if they or any of their party exhibit symptoms of Covid-19 or are contacted by Test and Trace
- On the day of departure, we ask guests to:
- remove bedding and bag up with used towels in laundry bags
- put used plates, mugs, glasses, cutlery etc. through the dishwasher
- leave a few windows slightly ajar to allow for airing
- remove all rubbish and empty the fridge of food items
- On returning home we ask guests to:
- contact us if they, or any of their party, develop symptoms of Covid-19 (or arecontacted by Test and Trace) within 14 days of their return home.
Our full Cleaning Policy, Cleaning Plan and Cleaning Checklist along with our Risk Assessment are available on request.
Disclaimer: While every attempt will be made to ensure Gable Cottage is as clean as possible we cannot guarantee it will be virus free and make no claim of that nature. Guests visit Gable Cottage on this understanding.